In the past, I have discussed the benefits of a capsule wardrobe. I have never limited myself to a specific number of items even with a condensed closet space. For the next 3 months (October, November & December) I will put my minimalism habits to the test & limit myself to a set number of clothing options. I want to truly see if there are benefits to a smaller wardrobe.
What is Project 333?
This minimalistic challege was created by the author of Be More With Less, Courtney Carver. She created this plan to allow only 33 items to be worn & paired together for 3 months. This concept is made to teach a person to live comfortably with fewer items & have them see they don’t need to own many pieces to begin with. It’s a great way to test the waters of minimalism & see if it’s right for you.
Choosing My 33 Items:
This was rather difficult, especially because where I live, the temperature can be rather bipolar. It’s still hot in October & then quickly turns bitter cold overnight. But these were the items I decided to choose:
At first glance, it looks like a lot of clothes. And clearly, I love shoes. (I’m kind of wishing I added sandals) but that’s what challenges are for. I chose 33 items including jewelry & accessories from my wardrobe. Luckily, lounge wear, pajamas & athletic wear are not included in Project 333.
Here are my 33 items:
1. Black North Face Winter Coat
2. Snow Boots
3. Grey Dress Coat from Gap
4. Tan Peacoat from Zara
5. Black Dress Coat from Ellen Tracy
6. Topshop Moto Jean Jacket
8. Sam Edelman Brown Ankle Boots
9. Burberry Rainboots
10. Sam Edelman Black Thigh High Boots
11. Sam Edelman Nude Heels
12. Army Green Jacket from Zara
13. Black Cardigan from Target
14. Grey Cardigan from Ann Taylor
15. Camel Colored Sweater from Jcrew
16. Grey Sweater from Brandy Melville
17. White T shirt from Target
18. Grey T shirt from Jcrew
19. Black T-shirt from Target
20. Black and white flannel from Gap
21. Tan Long sleeve shirt from Loft
22. Blue Sweater from Loft
23. White blouse from Madewell
24. Black Leggings from Vince Camuto
25. Black Cami from ASTR
26. Pink Lace Bodysuit from Zara
27. Black Dress from Forever 21
28. Orange Dress from Forever 21
29. Jamie Jeans from Top Shop
30. Black leggings from Zara
31. Kendra Scott Necklace
32. Earrings from Franchescas
33. Green Blouse from Loft
I plan to post my Project 333 outfits on Instagram, so definitely follow me there.
I kind of see this as a very difficult challenge because of the holidays & wanting to dress up for those, but I’ll try. Look out for an update in January on what I learned from participating in Project 333. And I would love if you’d try it out with me! Post your photos on IG with the #MBSProject333